Contractor - Shipping & Receiving Office Administrator
Shipping & Receiving, Office Administrator Contractor /Self-Employed
Start Date: April 2019
Position Type: This is a Self-Employed position; hire would not be an employee of Endotronix, Inc., or Endotronix Ireland Limited
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Tracks and communicates incoming and outbound packages
• Responsible for inventory cycle counting
• Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment within Europe
• Maintains and updates records of materials, customer requests, and distribution
• Receives, unpacks, inspects and stores incoming materials and supplies
• Uses shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders
• Prepares import/export documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
• May calculate value of duties and tariffs due on transported goods
• Ensures appropriate shipping pick-up and delivery schedules based off business need
• Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific function of the position.
• Supports movement between warehouses
• Other projects as needed in the Operations Department, including supporting general office administrative tasks, such as accommodating guests to the Endotronix DCU facility
• 5-20 hours per week as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Professionalism while dealing with guests and colleagues
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic and quickly changing environment
• Comfortable taking on responsibilities as needed
• Collaborative attitude and willingness to work with others throughout the organization
• Associates Degree or relevant certifications
• Experience utilizing electronic inventory or ERP system
• Tariff and customs knowledge
Endotronix Ireland Limited Work Applicant Privacy Notice
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, effective as of May 25, 2018, individuals have a right to be informed about how Endotronix Ireland Limited (EIL) uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing “privacy notices” to individuals where we are processing their personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about individuals who are being considered for work with EIL. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data to meet our data protection obligations. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time. We, Endotronix Ireland Limited, are the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of data protection law.
What information does EIL collect?
Endotronix Ireland Limited collects, stores, and uses the following categories of personal information about work applicants.
• Information provided in your CV and cover letter, such as your name, address, date of birth, details of your qualifications, skills, employment history, or information about your current level or expected level of remuneration.
• Details provided via our application form, such as your name, telephone number, and email address.
• Information about your right to work, such as your nationality, work visa, or a copy of your passport.
• Any information you provide to us during an interview.
• Information obtained from background and reference checks.
How will EIL use this information? EIL will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To identify and evaluate work applicants for potential engagement: We hold and use your personal information because we need it to assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for engagement with EIL. We also need to make sure that you have the right to work in the country in which you are being considered for work. Finally, we may use it to carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
• To meet our legal responsibilities: We will use this information if so required by law to collect and hold some personal information during the recruitment process. We may also be obliged to share your personal information to comply with demands or requests made by relevant regulators, government bodies and courts. It may also be necessary to collect and use personal information relevant to any claims or legal disputes relating to your application with EIL or otherwise.
How is this information collected by EIL? EIL may collect your information through application forms and references, from your CV, resume, proposals or other forms submitted by you, or through interviews and meetings. EIL may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by your former employers or clients and information from background checks permitted by law.
What are EIL’s legal bases for processing applicants’ personal data? EIL will process your personal data only for the purposes for which we collect it, unless we reasonably determine that we need to process it for an additional reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. EIL will process your personal data only as permitted under the GDPR. This includes the following general purposes:
• To pursue legitimate human resources and business management interests of our own during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process, or
• To enable us to comply with legal obligations.
Some of the personal information we might collect is known as “sensitive personal information.” We will only collect and use this information with your explicit consent (for example if you voluntarily provide us with the information) or if we are permitted to do so by law (for example under the exemptions set out in data protection laws).
Who has access to data? Your information may be shared internally, including with members of Endotronix, Inc., the affiliate company. EIL may share your data with the affiliate company’s HR, legal and IT staff, but only if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles. EIL may share your data with third parties in order to obtain references from other employers, obtain background checks from third-party providers and obtain necessary criminal records checks. EIL also shares your data with third parties that process data on its behalf, in connection with recruitment and HR systems processing.
International Data Transfers We may need to transfer your information to the affiliate corporate group company. Your data may be stored or disclosed by EIL and our service providers outside of your country of residence for purposes consistent with this privacy notice. For example, we may need to transfer your data between EIL and the affiliate company, Endotronix, which operates in the United States. Your data is only transferred by us to another country if this is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided there is adequate protection in place for the applicants’ data. We will ensure your data is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU laws on data protection.
How does EIL protect data? EIL has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees, in the minimum necessary fashion where necessary to perform their duties. Where EIL engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of data.
How long will EIL keep data? EIL will store your personal data for the entire period of recruitment or proposal process for the position in connection with which we received your personal data. If your application or proposal for EIL is unsuccessful, the personal data about you will be deleted from our systems within a reasonable period of time necessary to protect our legitimate interests, unless you expressly agree with processing for longer period of time. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with or tracked back to you, in which case we may continue to use such information without providing further notice to you. If your application or proposal for EIL is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment or proposal process will be transferred to your personnel file or in our self-employed contractor records, and retained during your engagement. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice. Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in your personnel file, in EIL’s HR management systems, in legal files, and in other IT systems.
If you have sent us an application or proposal but subsequently wish to withdraw it, please contact us at [email protected]
What are your rights? As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You have the right to:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• Require EIL to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• Require EIL to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and object to the processing of your data where EIL is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
• If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our DPO. If you believe that EIL has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to bring this to the attention of your country’s’ Data Protection Authority, but we would ask you to raise it with us in the first instance. If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer for the corporate group of Endotronix and Endotronix Ireland Limited, Ed Tyrrell - [email protected]